Take Action

 

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO US IN LIFE BUT THAT WE TAKE ACTION WHEN IT HAPPENS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THAT WE TAKE THE RIGHT TYPE OF ACTION"

No matter who you are where you are we will always come across situations in our personal and work life that we'll have to deal with whether we like it or not and that will require us to take some form of action.

Over the years I've come across many situations big and small where I've taken action but the wrong action, and some situations where I've taken no action what so ever and instead I've decided to bury my head in the sand. All those decisions put me in difficult positions and one decision even put me in Colchester Army prison for 5 months - not my proudest moment but learning from your mistakes is a great way to build yourself again, so I've learned!

At a party once I met an guy who was talking about life and our meaning one of those deep conversations you have from time to time but one of things that I took away from that conversation that night was how he explained to me we have external domains and internal domains.

External domains - Things that we have no control over whatsoever

Internal domains - Our interpretations and reactions to the external

From that conversation something just turned and my way of thinking completely changed on how I approached life now.

As the pandemic now starts to come to an end, I'm approached from time to time and asked 'did your business (gym) close', 'did you do lose your client base?' and my answer could have been 'YES' but because I took a step back to decide what action was best to take, focusing on the internal domain and decided not to be held down by external domain.

In doing this and taking action, I learned new skills as I had to go out of my comfort zone by doing 1-1, group training and classes online - skills I still use to this day within my business even now the gyms are back open.

At the start of year with the gyms still being closed, 1-1s could be done face to face in the public parks and yes we're talking January to the start of April when temperatures were in the minus and the snow was relentless. I had to pep talk a good majority of my clients to bite the bullet, get out there and keep up with the training regime in the good old British weather which not only did wonders for their mental health but also I'm a massive believer that outdoor training is a great way to build resilience in yourself through the different types of terrain and weather conditions that individual has to take on, boosting ones confidence, belief and can do attitude...... After many cold nights of exercise in the Army this is where I definitely got my resilience from!

Incorporating the outdoor training at the start of the year has led to me doing outdoor bootcamps, outdoor group personal training and outdoor calisthenics classes to this current day as it has become something people really enjoyed as well as working in the gym which is now a part of my growing business.
 
So simply taking action making sure the pros outweigh the cons no matter what this world throws at us is always the best line of action to take as it keeps us growing and going in the right direction. Don't think for a second that it'll be easy because most of the time it won't be and never probably will be but if you keep digging away and never give up you'll simply just become better at taking action the right action when it matters the most so we keep getting the strength we need in this life.

"TAKING ACTION IS THE FOUNDATION TO SUCCESS"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to change your life, change your choices

MAKING THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS A BETTER LIFE

GROUP PERSONAL TRAINING